Sunday, July 14, 2013

Summer Knight by Jim Butcher

Finished on 5/23

For a change of pace, this time it is faeries not vampires. Someone has killed the knight of the summer court as opposed to (surprise!) the winter court (the one headed by Titania and the other by Mab, but I can't remember which is which at the moment) and a marker with Harry's name on it is called in to settle the matter.

He starts or at least is involved in (it has been a couple of months - and I have mentioned my ability to forget details) a war between the two courts which is resolved somewhere out on the waterfront in Chicago. All the Chicago stuff would probably have more charm if I actually knew the city, but I managed to avoid that in my five years in the neighborhood.

He also enlists the assistance of his pack of neighborhood werewolves - that bunch is definitely one of the delightful bits of this series.

No comments:

Post a Comment