Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Blood Rites by Jim Butcher

Finished on 6/16.

Nope. Hadn't read this one, so I guess my extreme annoyance with the plethora of "left hangings" at the end of Death Masks might have been the reason I didn't continue with the series. This time he seemed to get more or less back on track - must have been complaints. Most of those loose ends are still hanging, but I prefer to have a reasonably solid story even if it means leaving those bits in the wind. I'm sure that Butcher will tie them off someday when he is short of a starting place for the next book.

Any plot action in this one pales before a twist in the back story. I hate to be cryptic in one of these posts, but for those who might be reading them, I really don't want to give this away. So - it involves one of the continuing characters, and is possibly the point on which the title of the book turns.

Go read it yourself. By the way, and this has nothing to do with the aforementioned twist, isn't Ivy just the coolest character ever? And did I mention that Mister has company - Harry has acquired a dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment