Friday, July 12, 2013

A Function of Murder by Ada Madison

Finished on 5/17

I have not found Madison's plots particularly memorable. The books are fun to read, but now (a month plus later) I had to go look up the book to see what it was about. Of course, one of the factors in play is that I seldom remember whodunnit - which means that I get to reread mysteries periodically. Another factor, however, is that the title presents no clue. I can look at the next book on this list - and the title reminds me of the crux of the mystery - and in this case, even who the murderer was - well, one of the murderers. In the present case, I remember the murder itself, after reading the synopsis on Amazon, but who and why - no clue.

That said, it was a decent read. The murder victim this time is the second string commencement speaker, the mayor of their little burg. Not only that he is stabbed to death with a letter opener with the university crest - one of which is presented to every graduate and visiting dignitary - leaving us with no shortage of suspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment