Sunday, January 2, 2011

The Sinner by Tess Gerritsen

This one cooked right along. As my daughter suggested, mostly about Maura Isles, although Jane Rizzoli's story line is seriously significant. The two of them actually do work together in this one. Somehow, Gerritsen makes the changing point of view work. She telegraphs it clearly in the text and follows through consistently. She would never need to label sections with characters' names so the reader can have a sense of who's talking/thinking.

But there were so many sinners in this book - I never figured out which one is THE sinner. I guess it was the guy that actually killed the nuns, but there were a number of excellent candidates.

Back to work tomorrow - I don't expect to be doing one a day any longer. At least there are still a couple of weeks before school actually starts again, at which point I will have precious little time even to sleep, let alone read.

No comments:

Post a Comment