Sunday, January 16, 2011

Grave Secret by Charlaine Harris

It was definitely time for something a little lighter. Of course, that might be a strange way to refer to this work involving several murders, attempted murders, druggy parents, and kids trying to hold life together on their own. Oh, and just a touch of the supernatural thrown in for good measure. Our heroine was struck by lightning as a teenager, and since then she can find corpses and they tell her something about how they died. Still, compared to the last couple I've read this was light-weight stuff - but quite enjoyable. Harris has another series going with vampires and such in small town Louisiana - I tried one and couldn't get into it at all, put it down and never picked it up again. I wasn't offended, mind you, just not interested.

My sister recommended these - I think the one I picked up is the fourth in the series. The whole thing was tied up with her disfunctional family - seems like an odd point in the series for that stuff to appear. I may well go back and read the earlier ones. These may be books that I will be able to read in a week. Classes start on Tuesday and I am teaching a class that I haven't taught in a couple of semesters - and taking one that I expect to strain my brain and free time to the breaking point. At any rate, the book a day thing is over for the time being.

No comments:

Post a Comment