Monday, January 17, 2011

Grave Sight by Charlaine Harris

Testing my theory that I read faster when I am reading from my computer screen - and besides, school doesn't really start until tomorrow. I returned Reading Lolita to the dean's shelf today and picked up another one (not this one). There are two more of these - and I think I will probably go ahead and get the Kindle versions when I am ready to read them. It is so very convenient - go to Amazon, click the "buy it" button, and like magic it appears on my desktop. I have always said that I didn't think I would get into electronic books until they made a waterproof reader - for reading in the bathtub, but now that I have given up my bathtub and am taking showers, it isn't much of an issue.

Stating that I intend to read the two of these books that I haven't is probably as good a recommendation as I can make. They are fun - not funny - and entertaining. Harper is an interesting character and her ability to locate and minimally communicate with the dead is just off-beat enough to work. The two that I have read have similar contexts - convoluted and somewhat perverse family relationships. I'm curious about the other two.

No comments:

Post a Comment