Monday, January 3, 2011

Body Double by Tess Gerritsen

I think we are beginning to focus on Maura Isles and I think I know one reason why. The character as described in the text resembles the honey-blond version of Sasha Alexander not in the least. Wasn't she a brunette in NCIS? Neither here nor there. Dr. Isles is thin and elegant with black hair which she wears cropped at chin level with straight bangs across her forhead. If you want a picture, turn to the back of the book and take a look at the notes on the author.

I do not mean to imply that the writing and the stories are diminished by the author's insertion of her double as the main character - the stories are still tense and tightly written and pretty much the good guys win in the end. This one had an added bonus in a character who rescues herself with style and determination. Not all of her women are victims. I do hope she comes up with a boyfriend for Maura, though - the woman deserves one.

Gerritsen is getting a rest though. We only have the first four, and are out of book money for a payday or two. Especially since I did go ahead and order the new book club book - and an earlier book by the author - I love one cent books on Amazon Marketplace!

No comments:

Post a Comment