Monday, May 25, 2015

The Serpent's Shadow by Mercedes Lackey

24Mar. Kindle.

Elemental Masters #2

What fun. Thank goodness. Of course, it could be considered that I cheated by rereading something that I know that enjoyed the first (and second) time around. I was very nearly driven to rereading one of my comfort favorites that would have been read to shreds if I had been reading paper instead of electrons.

This one is set in what I believe is the usual period for these books, Edwardian - although I recall that one is a WWI piece. The heroine is the daughter of an English doctor and a high caste Indian woman and is herself a doctor. She has fled to England from some unspecified enemy who has murdered both of her parents. The battle with this supernatural enemy draws out her just-barely-more-than latent elemental gifts and brings her into contact with the British elemental masters.

No comments:

Post a Comment