Monday, May 25, 2015

At Knit's End: Meditations for Women Who Knit Too Much by Stephanie Pearl-Mcphee

25Mar. Kindle.

Wow! Two winners in a row! I don't know when I have read anything that had me giggling as much as this one. It is set up (as much as I can tell from the kindle translation) just like one of those devotional books. You know the ones? There is generally a scripture verse at the top of the page in italics, a short homily in the middle in standard type, and a take-away "message" at the bottom, again in italics. Only in this one the scripture slot was filled with quotations from such varied luminaries as Einstein, Ghandi, and that great source of witticisms - Anonymous. The homilies are based on the experiences of obsessive knitters, and the moral lessons are --- hysterically funny - at least to knitters.

I truly don't know whether or not to recommend it to non-knitters, I did read a few bits to my non-knitting daughter and she at least chuckled mildly.

No comments:

Post a Comment