Monday, May 25, 2015

The Honor of the Queen by David Weber

21Feb. Kindle.

Rats! I thought I was catching up and found, buried in the midst of my backlog four titles that I had passed over in my note making.

This was in many respects similar to On Basilisk Station as far as plot is concerned. Honor is betrayed into a hopeless situation and comes out smelling of roses - at the cost of ships and lives, of course. The set-up is a bit different. Still, the evil People's Republic of Haven is behind everything, but even they are being double-crossed by their allies.

I remember references in books in the series that I actually have read to injuries that Honor received and the imperfect restoration of her facial musculature. This is the one in which she is injured. At a state dinner, she takes a partial disrupter blast for the head of state of the planet.

No comments:

Post a Comment