Monday, May 25, 2015

The Book of Killowen by Erin Hart

15Feb. Kindle.

I should track the "grades" of my impulse purchases from Amazon's cheap books for Kindle lists and see if I am wasting a lot of money. On a more positive note, this one gets an "A" - not an "A+", I think; but a good solid "A". Solid enough that I have ordered the first book in the series. It was priced beyond my limit for a kindle book with Amazon's disclaimer that they didn't set the price, so I decided a pox on both their houses and ordered a used copy for $.01. So there.

The opening scenes were set in medieval Ireland and I expected that it would develop into one of those historical murder mysteries. This was ok with me although I had expected it to be Celtic fantasy. However, we quickly return to the twentieth century and the discovery of the medieval murder victim (now a bog person) in the trunk of a car - also buried in the bog.

No comments:

Post a Comment