Saturday, March 5, 2011

Nemesis by Jo Nesbo

This one was recommended by friend, who was so taken by it that she brought it to me as soon as she finished it. Unfortunately, it didn't do it for me. It stood very poorly beside the Stieg Larsson books - of course, this guy is Norwegian rather than Swedish, maybe that's the difference. I found it formulaic and predictable, even though they had to solve the same crime three or four times. The idea has great potential - a psychotic woman takes revenge on three men who have (in her mind) done her wrong, by setting all three of them up for her own murder. Then there is the bank robbery/murder running along, too. And I don't think they got around to solving the cop's murder - although he informs the reader of the circumstances and who done it. Oh, and did I mention the psycho sadist cop?

Never mind. If it weren't for this blog, I probably wouldn't have bothered to finish it. It took too long, and I didn't find the time particularly well spent.

No comments:

Post a Comment