Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Until Proven Guilty by JA Jance

Finished on 22Nov.

More dead kids. This is the first of the J.P. Beaumont stories. I knew I had read it, and even remembered some of the back story. I just didn't remember that all of that happened in the first book. It was sort of like watching the first episode of "Hill Street Blues" when it finally came out on DVD. The events and story lines that I thought ran the entire first season all opened in that first episode.

Beaumont is one of those depressed cop characters and, as I recall - which may not be the way the series develops at all, he gets more depressed as time goes on. Which at some point has him drying out at a spa in Arizona and encountering Sheriff Joanna Brady - I think, maybe ---

I guess Jance may have to be my next big reread. With all three series, there are a bunch of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment