Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Booked to Die by John Dunning

Finished on 24Nov.

Another first of a series. A friend recommended these "bookman" books a number of years ago. There are, unfortunately, only five of them - but one is new since I read the others! I love Google! I've actually read one of his not from this series, and had never made the connection - Two A.M., Eastern War Time. I read that while I was in Africa over ten years ago - and left it there - but Amazon will provide, no doubt.

Cliff Janeway starts the series as a cop who can't quite manage to work within the lines and eventually leaves the force to pursue his other passion - antique and collectible books. But - setting up in business as a bookman doesn't keep him out of trouble.

I do like the juxtaposition of old books and violent crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment