Sunday, March 18, 2012

Sugar Cookie Murder by Joanne Fluke

This is the first one of these books that I ever bought. I read a few pages and decided that it was pretty cute and I would go back and read the series from the beginning. I'm glad I did. This one is only a little over fifty percent story, and all the rest recipes. It's main function seems to be to wrap up the story lines left open in the previous book, while making sure that one was still open to carry on to the next one.

So, in this one we have the final whoop-de-doo for the town cookbook, and Andrea (Hannah's sister) finally has her baby. The murder turns out to be not such a much - and - forget the twenty-four hour mysteries that I have been complaining about - this one takes place, murder to resolution, within the space of the community Christmas Potluck at which all the cookbook recipes are tried. Well, maybe she did stretch the time a bit by bringing in a frozen northern wasteland blizzard to make sure everyone stayed put until Hannah tracked down the woman in a black skirt wearing boots.

Short, simple, and 163 pages of recipes - the entire Lake Eden cookbook? I don't think so - it is published separately. I suppose I will go on and get the next one, but right now I am feeling a little ripped off.

No comments:

Post a Comment