Saturday, March 17, 2012

A Cold Day for Murder by Dana Stabenow

I had read this one before. I don't remember whether or not I read it on the Kindle or ordered a paperback. Hah! I looked it up in this blog - I read it last February, on paper. At the time I thought that the rest of the series was available for Kindle - wrong - and still wrong. I do believe that more of them are out in electronic form though. This would make sense, since this one was free for Kindle - and that would be a good way to hook people into getting more of them. Book 2, at least, is available - and is now in my queue.

I still think the solution is a little pat, but the characters are interesting, as is the setting. Actually, I had just been looking a some photos on one of the POTD sites I follow and there were several of Alaska - and that's what sent me back to this series. I'm still not sure that I would want to actually go there, it is amazingly beautiful, but I am really addicted to running water and flush toilets. That month in Africa without them was plenty - and it wasn't even cold there! And then there is winter. I rather favor having winter hold off until December or January and departing in March. And if we can get through those months without significant quantities of that nasty white stuff - all the better.

No comments:

Post a Comment