Monday, May 30, 2011

Death and Judgment by Donna Leon

I had not read this one before (there are two copies on the shelf, though). I don't know why - obviously I intended to, but somehow never got around to it. This is one of the dark ones, not that any of them are exactly cheerful, but this is one where the bad guys don't get what's coming to them. And these are very, very bad guys. It's about white slavery and snuff films and people who operate above the law. And we are left at the end with the sure and certain knowledge that everything will be back to business as usual even before Brunetti manages to get home from the Questura.

I have every intention of reading something else before going on with these, even though they are somewhat addictive. I have the book club book. And I have several that have been recommended to me that are sitting in my queue. Besides, the summer session starts a week from today - so much for personal reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment