Thursday, February 3, 2011

Shakespeare's Landlord by Charlaine Harris

This was fun, not funny, mind you, but fun. Lily Bard is an interesting character - and clever Charlaine has left her with two gentleman admirers so I have to read the next and the rest. You have to like a woman who moves to a town named Shakespeare because her last name is Bard. And besides that, her chosen profession is house cleaner, and she is a body builder and advanced karate student.

I'd planned to read this on Friday evening, but classes are cancelled for tomorrow and even though the university is officially open, I don't think I will go in. So I can read the last one of the White House chef books, and watch the third of the Stieg Larsson movies - and study statistics for the test on Tuesday.

I may even download the next of these for this unexpected three day weekend. I am left wondering why someone who can write stuff like this messes with those incredibly silly things. Actually, I'm afraid I know the answer. Nothing wrong with making a living, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment