Friday, February 18, 2011

Grace Under Pressure by Julie Hyzy

Since the television blew up, I no longer have my long-standing appointment with "Friday Night Trash TV" and have been filling the gap with lightweight murder mysteries.

This one is cozy, I think, even if Grace isn't a cook or a knitter or a cat owner. She does have a pair of gay men as roommates, though. She is the assistant curator at a mansion/museum somewhere in the south and takes over when the curator is murdered, solving the murder and a couple of other mysteries as well while managing the estate/tourist attraction. In addition, she has to put up with probably the bitchiest assistant in all of fiction.

Fun and games, I did enjoy it, but I don't feel any strong compulsion to run out to Amazon and buy the next one in the series. It may simply be that I have simply maxed out on this particular subgenre for a while. I have a book on paper that I really am going to read this three-day weekend, came in the mail today. And I still have another that has been on my desk for over a week - the there is the excerpt of a novel that a student brought me today. Should be enough to occupy me for three days.

No comments:

Post a Comment