Monday, December 22, 2014

Lifelines by CJ Lyons

18Dec. Kindle.

Maybe I delayed commenting on this one because I needed time to catch my breath. I could bring myself to complain some about the writing - grammar and spelling are ok, but the writing is a bit, to use a technical term which English teachers use with students, clunky. I did catch myself often thinking this or that could have been expressed more smoothly or that another word might have been a better choice. Still there simply wasn't much time for that sort of thing - I'm not sure I ever read anything with more action and less ... anything else.

The timeframe is very tight. The new doctor reports to the ER on July 1 and we wrap up with a big finish on the Glorious Fourth. And we even manage to kill the bad guys. Improbably tight - especially since in the midst of all the action, she meets, spends the night with, and gets taken home to meet Mom all within that three or four day window. Oh, yeah, she also nearly gets Mom killed and spends another night - or day - the date/time headers didn't keep me on track - in the hospital with Mom and sister who goes into labor during the crisis (that crisis).

I am anxious to read the next one to see if the pattern continues and how many of the cast continue, so I have started five other books (one in the bathroom on paper, one on my kindle, one on my NEW kindle, one on the kindle ap on my desktop, and one that the preacher handed me Sunday morning saying "I know how quickly you read, so read this and next Sunday let me know what you think") to postpone the inevitable - I don't want to get totally hooked on all that adrenaline.

No comments:

Post a Comment