Sunday, June 1, 2014

Driving Force by Dick Francis

26May. Paper.

I was traveling, so I got out the paper copy of this one because I get irritated when flight attendants tell me to put my kindle away. Reading on paper is much slower for me than reading on my kindle. Of course, the fact that I was not at home makes a difference, too. Fortunately, Dick Francis is one that I can stay involved with even with many interruptions. It is also good at two am when I can't sleep because I'm in someone else's house.

I enjoy Francis's titles. He does refer to the title in its conventional sense in the book, but the hero of this one is the owner/manager of a specialized trucking firm - specializing (of course) in driving horses. And this time, another answer to the question of what happens to jockeys when they get too old and fragile (at around age 30) to continue to ride race horses.

I'm always amazed by what I remember and what I don't on these rereads. This time I remembered the general outline of the crime, including the murders, but didn't remember the motive at all. It was a bit convoluted, but still I would have thought that I would have remembered some of that. My convenient memory (or lack thereof) at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment