Sunday, November 25, 2012

Hell to Heaven by Kylie Chan

I wish I could find something to say about this besides "more of same." The adorable child is now a contrary teenager - thank goodness! She was such a perfect child that she was about to become a bit annoying. She is fairly annoying as a teenager, but in a rather different way.

I really think I had written more about this one, but apparently I closed the file without saving. I do that a lot with notepad. Oh well, I think I remember basically what I wrote. Emma is aging. John is still missing - although he hangs around a lot for someone who is missing. Nobody dies permanently. Some of the characters died several times in this book. Emma has been dedemonized; the demon king pulled that off, but I don't remember what his price was.

The third in the second series should be out in the States in a couple of weeks. Unfortunately, I think I remember that Chan made this a triple triple instead of just a double triple, so nothing is likely to be resolved in the next book either. I'm not sure if I keep reading because at some level the writing is good enough to keep me reading - or just in the hope that something different will actually happen.

No comments:

Post a Comment