Sunday, November 18, 2012

Bones to Ashes by Kathy Reichs

First - I have been reading since the end of October. I finished this one over two weeks ago. For some reason, this semester suddenly seemed to crash around my ears and I was (and am) behind and have an absolute deadline for catching up of - well, in one instance, the final paper for one of the classes I am taking, next Monday. At least we have most of this week off for Thanksgiving. So, with any kind of luck (and a little persistence) I can finish the paper, get everything graded for the classes I am teaching, get the final paper written for the other class I am taking, get the last six assignments finished for the first class, get the den cleared out, AND post comments on the seven books which I have read since I last updated this blog. Yeah, right. These may be very, very brief updates.

I don't believe I had read this one before. I like the way Reichs often makes the story personal for Tempe. This opens with Tempe returning to her childhood and an exotic playmate from Canada who came down to the Outer Banks to spend summers with relatives who lived near the Brennan's summer place, a playmate who was abruptly carried away back to Acadia and was never heard from again. Although the body that is Tempe's first connection to the story turns out not to be that of her friend, there is a connection and the mystery from her own childhood is resolved.

No comments:

Post a Comment