Thursday, September 13, 2012

Labyrinth by Kate Mosse

Well, I think this is one of those "if you like that sort of thing" books. I don't have any deep objection to them, but this one dragged on a bit. We have parallel stories, one in the twelfth century and the other with the reincarnations of all the characters in the 21st century except one who had actually been alive for 900 years.

It is also a holy grail story with echoes from Indiana Jones and The DaVinci Code. And what is it with the twelfth century? I guess it is simply coincidence that I have been running into so many of them lately. There are the Sharan Newman stories, of course, and the Kathy Reichs book - although that one was first century, not twelfth - and none of the story was set there. Something else I've read recently took me into that century - but I can't think what it was - and I can't find it in this log - oh, well.

I have another one of hers on my shelf, but I don't think I'm going to be in any hurry to get to it. I didn't actively dislike it, but I have too much to do this year to spend the time I steal from school work on stuff that is just ok.

No comments:

Post a Comment