Thursday, September 20, 2012

Chopping Spree by Diane Mott Davidson

Somehow this one just wasn't quite as much fun as these usually are. It could just be that I am tired and feeling grumpier than usual, or it could have been the background line of Goldy's son as a greedy, obnoxious, generally hateful teenager. I think it is about time for the rotten spoiled brat to shape up and start turning into a human being.

It is also about time for the little stinker to wise up about his abusive father, but that is another issue. Goldy's ex did not figure in this one significantly, for which I am grateful. Of course, there were several other abusive spouses to take up the slack. (I really am grumpy today!)

This one really is all about greed and its twin, acquisitiveness. We even have a scene at a Shopper's Anonymous twelve step meeting. All round depressing subject. And it didn't feel to me like an "honest" mystery with enough clues to make the ending feel plausible.

This is three in a row that I didn't really care for - I may have to go back and read something that I know I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment