Sunday, July 29, 2012

The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown

I bought the paperback a long time ago - the book came out in 2009, the paperback probably hit the shelves in 2010 - and I've probably had it since then. Everytime I picked it up I thought how inconvenient it was to read that many words in a book that thick. So I finally (after new kitties dumped it and another thick paperback in the dog's water dish) bought the kindle version yesterday.

This wasn't quite up to the level of The DaVinci Code or Angels and Demons, but it was pretty good. He did telegraph the location of the secret in the very first pages, if not exactly what the secret was - but that was no real surprise. Even the secret identity of the madman was not a total shock.

There is, however, the moment when he lets the reader believe that he has killed Robert Langdon. That one was a bit of a shocker.

Comparisons aside, I enjoyed it - must have - since I read all six hundred plus pages since yesterday and even got a few other things done as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment