Saturday, July 14, 2012

Eye of the Storm by Marcia Muller

There's never any question about Muller's book titles. They are as memorable as Stabenow's, and they always relate directly to the story. In this case, Sharon is summoned by her youngest sister to an island in a part of California that I had never heard of, the Delta. I'm not sure what river it is the delta of. A storm is brewing as she arrives and almost the entire action of the story takes place during a series of storms, apparently a fairly typical phenomenon in the locale. When it isn't storming, it is foggy - sounds like an ideal location for a bed and breakfast.

It is very reminiscent of some of the real classic mysteries, a version of a "locked door" mystery. It reminded me of Agatha Christie's And Then There Were None. The murderer is one of the group and there is no escape. And like many of the things I have been reading, the motives reach back across a number of generations.

I find that when I finish something late in the evening, I have much less to say about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment