Saturday, November 12, 2011

The Liaden Novels by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller

I know, I know - I've read these repeatedly, but I've had a cold and sometimes it is nice to read something familiar. Besides, note that I am posting the eight books as one. I had finally calmed down a little from the dismal mess that attempted to pass for something in this series, and it was a good time to revisit and remember that it all started out amazingly well.

Definition - when I say "the Liaden books" I am referring to Conflict of Honors, Agent of Change, Carpe Diem, Plan B, I Dare, Local Custom, Scout's Progress, Crystal Soldier, and Crystal Dragon. I did enjoy the Theo Waitley books, and The Mouse and the Dragon, but I am extremely wary of the "Adventures in the Liaden universe" books.

For some reason, this reading I was very much aware of the "set-ups" in the Crystal books. It is almost as if they went though and checked off everything in the earlier books - "and here is the beginning of the divergence of the Xtrang troop language" and such. It wasn't as annoying as the loose ends left for future stories in Ghost Ship.

No comments:

Post a Comment