Saturday, November 26, 2011

Dragonquest by Anne McCaffrey

It seems that everything has happened. I can't remember what is left for the third book. I guess I'll find out tomorrow.

The alliance with the Oldtimers has disintegrated and they have been exiled to the southern continent. The queens fought and died and Brekke has recovered, although not to impress another queen. Jaxom has impressed Ruth, the undersized white dragon, and taken him back to Ruatha with him. F'nor with Canth has attempted to go to the Red Star with disastrous results. The grubs which render threads harmless have been rediscovered and are being spread with all judicious haste.

And yet nothing seems quite resolved. I guess that is the fate of the middle book in a trilogy. It seems odd that I can't remember what goes on in the third book, though. I believe there is some exploration of the southern continent, while avoiding the exiled oldtimers. And this must be where/when they discover the ship - they do discover a ship, don't they? It has been too long since I read these.

No comments:

Post a Comment