Monday, April 7, 2014

Voice of the Eagle by Linda Lay Shuler

1 April

This was a little disappointing, but I'm not exactly sure how to characterize the problem I had with it. The first book was all right, certainly not spectacular enough to send me ripping into this one immediately. In fact, I was somewhat reluctant to pick it up at all. I suppose it wasn't bad; it kept me reading, but not compulsively.

Kwani manages to stick with this guy through several crises, he raises her son as his own and they have a daughter. Characters from Book 1 resurface and cause new trouble. Her "mate" is killed and she eventually takes another.

There is a third book in the series. I bought all three of them when they were on the cheap books for kindle list some months ago. I suppose I am going to have to read it, if only to see what the author does. You see, at the end of this book, Kwani is dead - and the subtitle of all three books is "Kwani" - so how is that going to work? I expect that, as the new She Who Remembers, Kwani's daughter, Antelope, will be in communication with her mother as Kwani was with the previous holders of the title.

No comments:

Post a Comment