Wednesday, January 1, 2014

The Price of Peace by Mike Moscoe

Definitely more story and less military action in this one, an improvement. I'm a little nervous about starting book three, though, in case he alternates - actually I suspect the next is going to involve a lot of dirty politics - almost worse. I think I'll let it wait for a while - but not so long that I will need to reread the first two. I expect that it will encompass activities which result in Grampa Ray getting elected King.

We now have two sets of Kris's great-grandparents set up. Both of the paternal units still in action in book leventy-whatever of the Kris series. The plot of this consists largely of drugs, slavery, and general mayhem with a focus on getting Grampa Trouble and Gramma Ruth hooked up, since in the previous entrant we got Grampa Ray and Gramma Rita together - and pregnant. By the way, not much time has passed, since Gramma Rita is only four months along when she enters the scene in this one and still hasn't had the baby at the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment