Sunday, February 19, 2012

A Fountain Filled With Blood by Julia Spencer-Fleming

Gay-bashing this time instead of an abandoned infant, still it was fun. I'm never sure how much to say - I risk telegraphing the entire plot, on the other hand, I'm not sure that any of you come here for actual recommendations. At any rate, I enjoyed it - far more than I would have enjoyed the assigned chapter for the class I am taking; of course, I still need to read that tonight.

The whatever it is between Rev. Clare and Police Chief Russ is getting fairly intense. I suspect that in a book or two we may learn that his wife is doing a little more than buying curtain fabric on her frequent trips out of town. Besides, it's a small town - how many volumes can we go without ever meeting the spouse of one of the two main characters?

Clare gets to fly a helicopter this time - this she has been missing since she left the army. She continues to outrage her conservative congregation - and she has replaced the red sports car that she trashed in the last book with a red Shelby Cobra - which survived this book intact - to the great annoyance of Russ, who had encouraged her to buy something with four-wheel drive and a really good heater. After all, this is upstate(?) New York, and winter is coming.

There was approximately a six month gap between the first two, I wonder if she is going to keep the time frame that tight. Only one way to find out, I suppose - go read the reviews on Amazon. I think I will go back to one of the other series I just started for a book or two first though. Let's see, Kylie Chan or Henning Mankell? Or I could read How Green Was My Valley which was the alternate selection for the facebook book club. Or go back to the 100 books under 3.99. Or actually go read up on American curriculum history - first paper is due in a couple of weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment