Monday, January 30, 2012

Wrong Man Running by Alan Hruska

Another from the under $4 list. I think I would classify it as mystery/suspense.

New York City - and the Jack McCoy character, Chief ADA, is being framed for a series of brutal rapes - or is he?

One of Amazon's reviewers compared it to The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo for general graphic gruesomeness, but I couldn't see any resemblance on that or any other score. Another was offended because the main character slept with so many women, but really there were only two - and he married one of them.

I enjoyed it, it certainly isn't one I would recommend to my book club - or particularly strongly to anyone. I don't believe it had as much bad language as the knitting book that I read last week. As I said, I did enjoy it - after all, I sat here and read it all evening instead of doing any of the great multitude of things that I should have been doing. It's one of those that was all right, but I'm glad I didn't spend much for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment