Saturday, January 21, 2012

Shakespeare's Counselor by Charlaine Harris

I was definitely ready for some of my usual sort of reading - something that didn't require too much thinking. Good likable characters that I know from earlier books in the series, a logical plot, - and set in Arkansas with mentions of many places I know, even if Shakespeare itself is totally fictional.

Let's see, Lily doesn't get beaten up as badly as usual: just a stun gun and a broken nose, but she is recovering from a miscarriage, so maybe Harris thought she ought to take it easy on her. And the big shocker - she and Jack, the Little Rock private investigator, have gotten married. Unless I missed something, that happened between this book and the previous one.

Harris is considerate. She finds it necessary to have a bad guy butcher an innocent squirrel early on, but she does find a suitable home for the two dachshunds orphaned by one of the murders.

I really didn't intend to read this all today, but I it really isn't all that long, and I was enjoying it much too much to just quit and do my homework or anything radical like that. Surely tomorrow I can find some time to comment on the state of curriculum as America enters the twentieth century.

No comments:

Post a Comment