Sunday, November 30, 2014

Silks by Dick and Felix Francis

15Nov. Kindle.

Geoffrey Mason is a barrister (I think that's the right one: barristers go to court, soliciters do everything else - all of which falls under the title lawyer over here). He is an amateur jockey, inevitably nicknamed "Perry" in the jockey's changing room.

He unsuccessfully defends a monster who intimidates his way out of his well-deserved prison sentence and comes back for a little revenge.

This is the "and" that I read when it first came out. I remember being reasonably pleased with it in spite of my bias against "ands." On rereading, I agree with myself. The characters are well-crafted in the Francis mode and the mystery moves right along with sufficient action to fulfill expectations.

No comments:

Post a Comment