Friday, May 9, 2014

Murder for Greenhorns by Robert Kresge

3May. Kindle.

Catch up time, before it gets any worse. I have four after this one that I need to write up. I suppose I could start saying "No comment," but I don't actually suppose that I will.

This, I suspect, was one of the really cheap super deals that Amazon offers from time to time. It was sort of a sappy little period Western/mystery/romance. It doesn't even manage to end with the killer getting hanged; he gets sort of reformed, but the nice guy gets the girl - who is, by the way, a nineteen year old school teacher on her way out to someplace in Wyoming from someplace in the midwest weeks before her teaching job is supposed to start. She frets about showing her ankle, but she doesn't mind stripping down by the creek on the trail without any concern about what she was displaying to all and sundry.

The solution of the mystery was a little pat, to all intents and purposes the murderer confessed (a quick chorus here of "I Shot the Sheriff" - only I guess he was really the Marshal) - but since the shooter was merely the contract killer we must be satisfied with getting the guy that hired him.

Oh well. It wasn't particularly painful to read. I do not believe that the nice ladies of the book club would be offended.

No comments:

Post a Comment