Saturday, September 17, 2011

Princeps' Fury by Jim Butcher

This is a good, solid series and I'm still enjoying it - but I am finding that now toward the end of it, I need something else in between. There is just so much fighting. It makes me tired. I still like the characters and they have held true to character which is a big bonus. I hope that in Book 6 they get their well deserved rewards.

The overall plot of the series has been no secret for several volumes now - actually, that is good, too. It shows that this is a mmvfs not an indefinite series with the same characters. This is the first one that left a clear cliff-hanger, though. Maybe it isn't exactly a cliff-hanger - maybe it is more like a preview of coming attractions in case you were so tired of fighting the Vord that you were considering quitting. Gaius Sextus is dead and Aquaintaine has seized control, but we have been clearly informed that Tavi is the chosen one. So we know that whatever else happens, Tavi will be the First Lord - which, I suppose, means that his and Kitai's first-born will be named Nonus or some such. And, mind you, I never make predictions, but I think it would be fitting if Aquaitaine's Borgified, excuse me, I mean Vordified wife Invidia makes a final showing to do him in herself.

No comments:

Post a Comment