Sunday, April 10, 2011

Longeye by Sharon Lee and Steve Miller

So, I picked them up in the wrong order. It is an uncorrectable error. However, I shall immediately and forthwith read the one I had ought to have read before this one.

Of course, there's no getting around the fact I know that in order to correct the ills of the world, they must remake it. Okay, you still don't know HOW they remake it.

I am curious about whether the difficulty I had reading it is stylistic or the result of a flaw in the process of converting the book to Kindle format. There were three distinct interrelated story lines and in the Kindle text there was nothing to indicate switches. You are reading along, a sentence/paragraph ends and the next line is someone else, somewhere else. I do mean the next line, no double space or anything. I think we were entitled to at least a row of asterisks or something.

But the story itself wasn't bad. Interesting characters, interesting structures, both societal and with the world itself. I am mildly anxious to see whether the first book sets up the characters of this story.

No comments:

Post a Comment